Wednesday 2 October 2013

Review: Armored Core: Verdict Day (PS3)

Before Verdict Day, I had never played an Armored Core game. So picture, if you will, someone whose first experience of a game is a bunch of prompts to import a character from Armored Core 5, then set up a character because I selected 'no.'

Then I had to wade through all kinds of news from the Armored Core 5 world (all of which assumed some kind of knowledge of the previous game and failed to make much sense to me), and I needed to explore each and every menu to try and figure out what each meant because there were no tutorials of any kind to explain what is going on. I customised my mech without really knowing what I was doing to it, and then, being unwilling to get into the multiplayer for fear of my last 20 minutes of customisation embarrassing me, I went to what seemed like the least important part of the menu - the single player game, to play my first mission.

0 comments:

Post a Comment