Friday 27 September 2013

Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z has just hit the top of my "do want" list

Preview by Matt S. 

I was able to get some hands-on time with Tecmo Koei and Keiji Inafune's upcoming Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z. It's a game that didn't really appeal to me beforehand - it's another zombie game, after all.

But then I started to play and something happened. I played for five minutes, put the controller down, pulled out my phone and navigated over to Wikipedia. I just could not believe that Goichi Suda wasn't involved in this game. And he isn't, but it still surprises me that he isn't. From that moment on I was interested; its fair to say of all the Japanese developers out there Suda is the one I respect most for his taste in surrealism and subversive art, and any game that is able to successfully emulate what Suda does has my undivided attention.

0 comments:

Post a Comment